Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcarl_10gal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking to buy a canister filter! I have my heart on an Ehiem 2217, anyone know of any good black friday deals??

The fluval canister filters are extraordinary for me! If you are open to it, let me tell you how quiet it is and has several options available including co2 add ons to the hose to diffuse the co2 in the canister completly if you ever are interested in that.

But one of my favorite things about the fluval canisters is how quiet it is! Don't hear a sound.

I should know if it is on sale or not, since I work at petsmart. Haha but I don't work for a few hours, can't help you out there

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's a fluval 306 maybe?? On amazon for under 150... lightening deal..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not so much... I bought my fluval 306 from petsmart on sale in the middle of the year for $120. I would expect some deals this time of the year around $120 or even closer to $100.

Just make sure you are getting the right size fluval if you chose to get it

Must have been the 406..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The ehiem is going for $150, I couldnt find any deals that caused a classic black friday impulse buy... Thanks for the lookout though!

The fluval 306, normally at $135, was on sale for $80. And the Marineland canister filter was 50% off. But those were yesterday deals only

Keep an eye out on Amazon Lightning Deals. They release them everyday until Christmas. I've seen a Fluval 406 and FX6 (and a Finnex Planted+). You can use the Amazon App to look at what time certain lightning deals go live.

Thanks guys! Had my heart set on the eheim but ill give fluval a look!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 106 and 306.. IMO, Fluval is very nice and I prefer them over Eheim. Although, Ehiem are solid too. I just don't like the classic cans all that much. Just personal preference I suppose. Both will do well, like comparing Ford vs. Chevy trucks.

I have the sunsun 302 on a small tank and a bigger 525gph hw304 on a large one, both have been great. The bigger one is still new, but haven't had any issues or complaints at all. I've run a lot of marineland C series and magnums as well as a few fluval filters and I'd still choose one of these over those any day of the week solely on price point.

Do any of these come with a spray bar? I'm looking to be around 200 gph, and have customizable media options.

I love my Fluvals. I bought two 305's new in box, off Ebay about 14 months ago for $85 each. They have ran flawlessly and are still very quiet.

One of the big reasons for the Eheim was my LFS stocks all sorts of parts for them, so if I ever had an issue i'd be covered. The fluval 206 is not much different in price from the eheim 2217.

Back
Top Bottom