Cardinal Tetra Conditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had 10 cardinal tetras 2 weeks ago in my 75 gallon with 15 serpae tetras, they ate them up and I got rid of the serpaes and but I only have 1 cardinal left. at the time my water conditions wernt quite right yet, however my tank has Completed its cycle fully now. my water conditions are great and my PH is now 7.4 before it was 8.4 but my water is still hard. Id like to get 9 cardinals again think they would be ok this time?

Also sense then I have learned that Drip Aclimating is very good, I now do this method to not sock the fish and I feel this could really help, I did it with 7 otos and I still have all 7 and I hear they are a sensitive fish to keep just like cardinals

Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5
PH- 7.4

I would say go for it, pH shouldn't be that big of an issue. I know they like acidic water, however yours is barely basic and with drip acclimation they should be ok

pH is truly over rated, as long as you have a pH between 6-8 fish can adapt to it.

Your best bet is to find out what pH your store has, then base your purchase on that.

well mine will be different because of my Co2 and honestly the place I get my fish from is from a lfs and he normaly orders most my fish in for me because hes mainly a cichlid dealer and doesnt carry cardinals but i refuse to ever buy fish from Petco/petsmart ever again because every fish I have gotten from them end up dying slowly or right away, and well I also have no desire to support stores that dont care about the health of animals like they do it honestly discusts me. I ordered them today and am going to give it another go, I think ill have much better results this time, Iv made some changes and made better conditions for them this time.

Back
Top Bottom