Care for baby snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Georgia777

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My white mystery snail laid a bunch of eggs that hatched last night and now I have more tiny baby snails then I can count! As they would escape from the egg sac I would catch them and put them in a breeding net so now they are all over the sides of it and seem healthy.

Now my question is how am I supposed to take care of the baby snails? What do they eat, what do I give them to help their shells harden, and anything else that would be helpful to know. I just want to give the little guys the best chance I can to survive so please give me any advice you can! Thanks.

Baby mystery snails eat the same things the adults do: blanched vegetables & algae wafers (and algae off the sides of the tank). You can add Kent Marine liquid calcium. applesnail.net has a wealth of information on caring for baby mystery snails, and a wonderful snail discussion board. Congratulations on your babies!

Thanks! And thanks for the advice I'll check out that site as soon as I get a chance :)

Back
Top Bottom