Care package arrived!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great! Now you are one step closer to completion. or rather to starting! lol

youre very welcome!

You still have to buy a api test kit but you can make due for awhile with the strips. :-0

Reactions: HN1
Just fill the swing arm with salt water and the little arrow will point to the salinity :) real easy. Not the most accurate but alot of people still use them

Theres directions in the box lol

You can test your water supply at least now. :-D
See if theres any nasty stuff in it. I wish i had an extra ammonia test kit to give ya but your on your own for that! haha

Took me a little time to under stand the direction too. What i did hold the bottle in my right hand and just held the red tab with my thumb. You don't have to push it because by turning the cap counterclockwise with your left hand, your already making the red tab move in the opposite direction

I have that hydrometer! Still using it too, for now atleast.

Think I'm gonna pick up the one from Bulk Reef Supply though

iDreamInSaltwater said:
I have that hydrometer! Still using it too, for now atleast.

Think I'm gonna pick up the one from Bulk Reef Supply though

is it a good hygrometer ikno many people say refrectamometer but is it one of the better ones?

I have one of those hydrometers. I will tell you that it said my salinity was 1.022 and when I checked it with a refractometer it was 1.028. I know refractometers can be expensive, so I will give you a trick I did until I bought a refractometer. Take some water to the LFS and have them test you salinity. Adjust your water according to what they test. When the water test where you want it, then test with your hydrometer and mark with a sharpie. For example, I got my water down to 1.024, which on my deep six hydrometer was 1.017. It got me by for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom