Carey's 125G Upgrade/Conversion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so very much! I may have to re thread this so I can get a nice large audience, I think this thread is on its last leg. lol I appreciate you coming along for the ride!

carey said:
Thanks so very much! I may have to re thread this so I can get a nice large audience, I think this thread is on its last leg. lol I appreciate you coming along for the ride!

Well if you do, let me know where it goes! I need pictures!! :)

images

I like these guys, Sailfin Plec.

images

Bristle nose is a bit smaller, well a lot smaller lol

cat_eupterus.jpg

Featherfin Cats are great too (Synodontis eupterus). This is the one we want. They get to about 8 inches and can live for 18 years!! and are cichlid friendly.

I haven't been able to upload to photobucket for some reason...here are alot of pictures that iuploaded directly.

Attachments

• DSCN0220.jpg
    DSCN0220.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0223.jpg
    DSCN0223.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCN0226.jpg
    DSCN0226.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN0228.jpg
    DSCN0228.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 67
And a couple more.....

Attachments

• DSCN0230.jpg
    DSCN0230.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN0234.jpg
    DSCN0234.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN0236.jpg
    DSCN0236.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0237.jpg
    DSCN0237.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 84
We couldnt afford to get adult fish, they were over $50 each!! So we went with the juveniles all at least 3 inches. The colors on the adults are absolutely beautiful. It'll be a few months before they all color up, we picked the ones with the most color in the 3" price range. We got a total of 8 fish and spent like $200. eeek and that was just FW. lol

I'm still thinking on adding a few more but it will take some planning, starting to get to the stock limit I think.

And i almost forgot, thanks for the compliment!

carey said:
We couldnt afford to get adult fish, they were over $50 each!! So we went with the juveniles all at least 3 inches. The colors on the adults are absolutely beautiful. It'll be a few months before they all color up, we picked the ones with the most color in the 3" price range. We got a total of 8 fish and spent like $200. eeek and that was just FW. lol

I'm still thinking on adding a few more but it will take some planning, starting to get to the stock limit I think.

And i almost forgot, thanks for the compliment!

Lots more room in your tank Carey, you could put 50-60 and it would be okay just lots of water changes lol. I'm hopefully going to get six acei today, sounds like cichlid prices in the states are on par with Australia.... Expensive ;-)

Lots more room on your tank Carey, you could put 50-60 and it would be okay just lots of water changes lol. I'm hopefully going to get six acei today, sounds like cichlid prices in the states are on par with Australia.... Expensive ;-)

Cichlid mania! post some pictures if you get them!

carey said:
Cichlid mania! post some pictures if you get them!

Hi Carey, well no acei for me today however we found a beautiful featherfin cat and also some pulican. The pulican are the blue one in the pic. Here's a pic of the cat too.

Attachments

• image-602105576.jpg
    image-602105576.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 70
  • image-242583880.jpg
    image-242583880.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 79
This is how my 100 gal is looking with a few new fish, plants and T8 actinic lights on, how's your big one coming along Carey? :)

Attachments

• image-2509950402.jpg
    image-2509950402.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 90
Wow Kenny that looks awesome! I also love the featherfin as well. I like that large rock on the right hand side...Is that a real rock or manmade?

Back
Top Bottom