Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
See, it;s just such a hazy line it;s hard to figure out what would be ok and what be sooo NOT ok. LOL

I think I would be leaving it as one of my last additions anywasy, but I wanted to have a plan. :)

still waiting on someone to buy my 55g so I can go get the 90g stand and at least set it up.

Was wandering the aisles in home depot today and checking out the pvc pipe and what not. Gonna be a HECK of a time I just know it. hehe

Now just to get to that point....

I also think the Harlequin Tusk would be fine. I also agree with someone else who stated that Liveaquaria tend to kind of overdo the tank size lol.

Thanks! I appreciate the responses. No one has yet said it'sa no no other than LA and their recommended 125g. I'm gonna do some more research but I think he is gonna make the cut.

If thats the case I will probably only go with one wrasse then as the tusk is also considered a wrasse right? I wouldnt want THREE wrasses in the same tank wouldld I?

Thanks! I appreciate the responses. No one has yet said it'sa no no other than LA and their recommended 125g. I'm gonna do some more research but I think he is gonna make the cut.

If thats the case I will probably only go with one wrasse then as the tusk is also considered a wrasse right? I wouldnt want THREE wrasses in the same tank wouldld I?

Yes I do believe that the Harlequin Tusk is considered a wrasse. As for as the wrasses go, I saw a video on youtube with multipule wrasses in a 72g tank, so I am not exactly sure how many could fit in a 90g.

Last edited:
That guy had like a zillion fish in there. lol I think I may evenbe safe with 3 wrasses. :) Nice tank though, plenty of activity which is exactly what i want.

Not sure if he added them at the same time or what he did......there were a lot of wrasses though lol.

Last edited:
i bet that guy kills a lot of stuff. he's got a few non photosynthetic corals in there that i know are hard to keep, a bunch of browned out sps, rough looking chalice frags...i think he's failing more than succeeding.

I'm thinking a total of three including the tusk as a last addition. I;m getting closer to the setup, just still waiting on the 55g to sell so I have the room to put it. lol

I think I'm really good on my stocking list, don't think I;ll be changing anything around much if at all. I'm very happy with it.

Now the actual setup well, we shall see.

I keep going in the garage to look at it all LOL, getting itchy to start it.

I like the stocklist also. I forgot, are you still getting a soldierfish? If so, which one, and are they the same as squirrelfish? Thanks

Yep, just waiting on someone to buy the 55g so I can move the 90g into place. Kinda stinks being so close but yet so far. LOL

The money I get from the 55g will pay for the stand I have picked out so I need to wait on that.

This is the guy i want

Big Eye Black Bar Soldierfish

Or a soldierfish will do too, I believe they are similar, they are lumped together as squirelfish on LA.

I havent decided, but as you may know they are very similar in appearance so I've not decided which one.

Back
Top Bottom