Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please read up more on the mandarin. You may think you have done enough, but the truth is, that is near impossible. I typed up an article-ish post in the fish and coral profiles section a while ago that covers some of the basics, but a lot more is needed. As far as flow, Hydor Koralias are great for moving a large amount of water in a small package. They have changed their model names, and I am unfamiliar with the new ones, but generally, you would want 15x-20x turnover per hour, so in the area of 600gph split between 2 powerheads. With the live rock rubble, make sure you move it around every now and then to help prevent a buildup of rotten particles.

Actually it isnt that bad. like 120$ a month and we run the air all the time. lol

Wtf...do you make your own electricity or something? I rarely turn on the lights and only air condition the downstairs and my electric bill is....500$ a month. What magic are you pulling!

Anyways, nice pick up. Can't wait to see what comes from this lol....

Crepe said:
Wtf...do you make your own electricity or something? I rarely turn on the lights and only air condition the downstairs and my electric bill is....500$ a month. What magic are you pulling!

lmfao

Wow! i dont believe you got a remora hanging on this little tank! lol

Ok I see what you mean about the powerheads...I have one built in on the left side. I was going to add one to the right side to balance it out.

Thanks for the pictures, it helps alot! :-D

We only live in a 1500 square foot house. Not too big at all. :)

Please read up more on the mandarin. You may think you have done enough, but the truth is, that is near impossible. I typed up an article-ish post in the fish and coral profiles section a while ago that covers some of the basics, but a lot more is needed. As far as flow, Hydor Koralias are great for moving a large amount of water in a small package. They have changed their model names, and I am unfamiliar with the new ones, but generally, you would want 15x-20x turnover per hour, so in the area of 600gph split between 2 powerheads. With the live rock rubble, make sure you move it around every now and then to help prevent a buildup of rotten particles.

Gonna go search for that article, thanks very much! I don't intend on getting the mandarin for a bit anyways, I'm still researching and planning the pod tank. lol

I read that article that was posted about mandarins, and to anyone reading this that wants one I would suggest a looksie. Really informative :)

I intend to get one thatis already on prepared foods and have the pod tank as a backup/supplement to his diet. I will only get one if I'm sure I can handle it. lol

And scott, yes mts is acute in this case. hehe only need one more tank...really....( i do mean it- just 1 more)

I've had a mandarin for about a month so far. I like to watch him eat around the tank, and he doesn't seem to be starving so far. There is a good population of pods in the tank, and lots in the sump. (That's in the 38G not the BioCube)

Here is an old pic that I took with my phone.
img_1292086_0_cb5e9ba8106d14ded6b95beddb7242b6.jpg

Which one are you looking into getting?? The target one or the blue one? I have the target in my nano, i love her coloring in the lighting.

It reminds me of a hummingbird, nice and colorful, and the fins flap so quickly!!!! plus it hovers like one.

I'm not sure which one yet. My lfs has a handfed blue one that I like. He eats mostly prepared foods, he's I believe $45.

U should look into a company called InTank. They make a media basket and fuge basket the fits into the second chamber and it's the best choice for filtration on the biocube or any nano.

you are seriously ridiculus, u finish one, and start another right after
what is wrong with u?!?!? send me the biocube!

U should look into a company called InTank. They make a media basket and fuge basket the fits into the second chamber and it's the best choice for filtration on the biocube or any nano.

I'm on their page right now. They have like everything for a cube! Thanks so much for the info. :)

you are seriously ridiculus, u finish one, and start another right after
what is wrong with u?!?!? send me the biocube!

Its mine mine mine!! i got up early to get it from a CL guy. i beat out 2 other people to his house. :-D

I need a tank I can look at all day next to my computer. The other tanks arent as viewable from where I sit.

well, the 125g is hard not to see LOL but its only FW and theres like no fish in there hehehe yet..

Back
Top Bottom