Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went with a satin latex. I used it on the other 125g and liked it. I have a can of higloss still but will only use it for the back if I run out of the latex.

Now is the time I woudl do it before there are fish in there. But only if you are like totally careful.

would the paint run i kinda can't put it on it's side lol oh crud i dont think i could anyways the paint fumes the darn things less than a foot away from my head at night

There are some no/low VOC paint so if you painted it and then left for a weekend it should be okay... especially if you can borrow a good air filter for a couple days.

Ill look for my link but theres black plsatic film that looks to be pretty nice stuff you just spray whatever surface you want it on with water then squeegee it and that creates a suction. I use the clear on my iphone and its near impossible to scratch and if anything goes wrong with it i just peel spray and reapply

Ok well... The link i had is now broken and i dont remember the name of the stuff but oceanvisions has a background thats similar but i dont know if it can be reapplied?

You didn't go get that 265? You know you want it, I can see the thread now, "Carey's LAST reef build-265 gallons" You have to admit it has a nice ring to it. Lol

Carey we need some photos when your setup will be finish. I assume that it will be more than pleasant to the eye.

kurtyboh said:
Ok well... The link i had is now broken and i dont remember the name of the stuff but oceanvisions has a background thats similar but i dont know if it can be reapplied?

I used sea view to apply all my backgrounds. Its a gel and works great. I just wanted something permanent.

carey sorry i forgot to put wolfpack in front of those posts he was talking about putting a black background on and couldnt paint. Since the one i had used only water it would have been just right for him. The oceanvisions one uses soapy water and says can be removed in one piece witha razorblade but mine i could just peel off and reapply with water.

Oh yeah it would be perfect for him! Too bad I didn't mail him the extra tube I have. LOL

Purevil- you are evil!! Taunting me with the 265...I'm still thinking about it but I would need new lights I think. The sump I'm gonna buy is good enough for it too, its just the lights and my b/f bugging out that are holding me back. LOL

Think of the livestock possibilities!!! You could have a school of tangs! Muhuwhahaha yes I am an evil instigator.

You would be in the same boat I'm in, trying to come up with a massive stocking list!

LOL. But I'm kinda weird. I dont actually have a huge wish list of fish. Just what I have now and a few more and i'll be perfectly happy. It's the tangs that I really wanted, the whole stupid reason for this build. hehehe

I'm gonna look up the dimensions or email the person, but I think the 265 is out. Well, 80% sure. I'm gonna have a real hard time with the height of this tank. It comes up to my chin and I will need a step stool for any work I do. I can't imagine the 265 being any easier.

I'm having issues with my stock list. I love powder blue tangs, they are my favorite, but if I get one I can't keep other tangs because they are so aggressive to other them. I also don't know if gold stripped maroon clowns will pick on a dragonet.

Back
Top Bottom