Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please let us know how it works out, I probably won't get to ordering it for a bit. So many other things I need to buy. LOL

Yeah, the only reason I think this is such a good idea, is I can clean shrimp poo, but not really disturb my kuhlis and vampire, and the rest of the tank for that matter lol. Yeah ill def. Post a review for you guys, I just have a good feelin about it. And like you said, in a nano reef, it would make things a lot easier id imagine. (Maybe you could train that crab to vacuum up his room every night haha)

Don't get a battery operated gravel cleaner. I paid 30 and it didn't suck anything up.

It didn't work at all? We are looking into it for minor debris in tiny tanks, I figured it wouldnt be good on anything larger but figured it wouldbe the perfect solution for pico cleaning. lol :)

The reviews are hit or miss on it so for $13 I was gonna try it.

Was it bad suction or did it work for a few minutes and then just not clean well? That was a complaint I rea about it, that it works ok in the first few minutes then goes to crap. LOL

ALSO just found the best little mag float on sale. It's perfect for tiny tanks

Two Little Fishies NanoMag Magnetic Glass Cleaning Device

carey said:
It didn't work at all? We are looking into it for minor debris in tiny tanks, I figured it wouldnt be good on anything larger but figured it wouldbe the perfect solution for pico cleaning. lol :)

Was it bad suction or did it work for a few minutes and then just not clean well? That was a complaint I rea about it, that it works ok in the first few minutes then goes to crap. LOL

Nothing at all. I tried with 2 packs of brand new batteries. And I was using it on powder fine sand. I'd get a frag for the nano with the $13. Maybe I just had bad luck but for $30 you'd expect better.

Well dang.. maybe just using airline tubing would be better... heck, tape a chopstick or somthing so you know exaqctly where its pointed at.. ill try this tomorow lol

Figured I'd take some new shots of the tank since everything is growing so well!

Also added a fuzzy mushroom, so now I have 4 shrooms all togehter. :)
The Duncan is sprouting even more heads, it's doing so much better in this tank the my 125g.

Fill Tank Shot

img_1485745_0_a53da52e23a0201fdfd3dd80fcb89128.jpg

Duncan and my lunar eclipse zooas. Two more polyps have sprouted

img_1485745_1_8251a86c6ea9eb28a4fb3ca86cca81a8.jpg

Acan that has probably doubled in size in a month or two

img_1485745_2_aa00c0f249153ab3e61544cfe805ec39.jpg

New fuzzy shroom

img_1485745_3_840928f645b519dd975464e9af6568fa.jpg

"Goes to crap"?????? Isn't that the point????? hehehehe

Looking really good! I still love the sun corals the most haha I definitely need to find some for my pico...I only have the small ones in there which aren't nearly as nice!

Sadly mine arent doing well. I've tried enticing them open during daylight but they just wont cooperate. lol I've been trying to catch them open at night but with no luck. It's been days. :-(

I did some re arranging and have the sun corals under the overhang now, hope that will help.

I picked up 4 new corals today for $15!!! woot!

I got a tiny torch, zooas, a mushroom rock and my first Montipora! It's a purple rimmed monti and for the price i think i did pretty good.

All the corals are closed but pictures will be coming as soon as they open up. :)

Here are some pictures of todays additions. :)
Don't mind the green hair algae LOL

Mini Torch
img_1494103_0_5ac2ad7d2c023bbc499de96e383d8307.jpg

Monti and zooas

img_1494103_1_11f4bb3a024aea29fae77a995efa215c.jpg

Tiny neon mushroom

img_1494103_2_86b0022e7758fa10ac77411322308b49.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom