Carnivorous cories??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Whilst saying hi to my fish tonight I noticed a skeleton in the hollow log. I dished it out and it was eaten so much I could work out which fish it was!!
By a process of elimination I worked out it was on of my ottos :(
I'm wondering if my corys ate it or my guppies, this must have happened during today as they were all there last night!
Huge water change tomorrow now to try and clear up the water to check on everyone

It's likely that everybody got their share. Cories do eat meat but they are not predators, they are scavengers. It's their job to clean this kind of stuff up.

It probably died and the other fish ate it. Cories are omnivores, so they will certainly fish bodies. Guppies will too.
I am sorry about your loss though. :(

Whilst saying hi to my fish tonight I noticed a skeleton in the hollow log. I dished it out and it was eaten so much I could work out which fish it was!!
By a process of elimination I worked out it was on of my ottos :(
I'm wondering if my corys ate it or my guppies, this must have happened during today as they were all there last night!
Huge water change tomorrow now to try and clear up the water to check on everyone

I had a pair of albino's and one of them died for unknown reasons and by the time I noticed, the other cory was cannibalizing him.

:( I'm sad to have lost another one I must admit but I know ottos are notorious for dying off.
It leaves me with two but I'm reluctant to add any more fish until I clear the alge and bacterial bloom - what I would do to have crystal clea water back!

Back
Top Bottom