Cascade 200 overflow problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cattfisher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased a cascade 200 filter and when I have it turned to "high" the water is too powerful to all flow through the filter media so it is flowing back out, some have said that you can stuff some more media down in there but that didn't seem to work either. I still have some water flowing over. Frustrating! Anyone with experience with this particular filter have any suggestions?

To me this sounds like either your water level is too high, or more likely it is clogged by filter media. Try removing some. If this does not work, and you'd like a replacement, I'd strongly recommend the AquaClear 50.

Keep in mind these are just my initial thoughts, i'm no filter expert.

I purchased a cascade 200 filter and when I have it turned to "high" the water is too powerful to all flow through the filter media so it is flowing back out, some have said that you can stuff some more media down in there but that didn't seem to work either. I still have some water flowing over. Frustrating! Anyone with experience with this particular filter have any suggestions?
How is the flow with no media?

Back
Top Bottom