Catfish Identify?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently I have several pounds of fillets of this fish in my freezer labeled Swai. :-\

Iridescent shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what it is! An iridescent shark! I knew what it was but I couldn't get the words out. So your freezer has some of zanes relative? They do get very big and yours appears to have cloudy eye and is definetly gonna have a growth stunt. No matter what size tank he is in now, I would rehome him if you don't see a 1000g tank in tour future

Comparing those two pictures, yours and wiki, they look like completely different animals.

Considering they are endangered maybe a zoo might take it if it's condition is ok? Would be better than being responsible in part for terminating a species of life.

Given age and size, forgive me for suggesting something more like;

Arius berneyi • Ariidae • Cat-eLog

Definitely not Arius Berneyi. I'm 99.9690065% sure it's the pangasius.

Not that I can tell. But he's very mobile and doesn't open his mouth a whole lot so he could.

Hey bichir, long time no speak! while it may not be that exact fish it does share a lot of similarities like barbels size and coloration.

At what age are they deemed adult? Adult pang sp. lack teeth. Looks like it has adult coloration if it is the monster!

It seemed the most logical guess, who puts a 3ft fish in a ten gal?
The Arius sp. while I may be wrong would be like logical charges for regular tanks.

(No offence intended at OP)
Edit-
There are smaller species within genus.

None taken. Like I said, Zane was in the batch of the first fish I bought. I didn't know what I was doing at that time. I certainly didn't know he'd get to 3 feet+ give proper conditions.

Back
Top Bottom