Catfish wc tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keegster803

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I was thinking about doing a tank with wildcaught catfish and maybe some sunfish, I was wondering if anyone had any good stocking suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

One thing for certain is Bullhead cats and Sunfish are a def no-no !!! Sunfish are very territorial and will nip to the point of injuring a wild caught cat and in return the cat will make lunch out of the sun.

Another thing to consider would be the shear size of the tank for a wild caught. As a juvie a minimum of at least 25-30 gallons and as it matures it will be best in at least a 200 gallon pond in your backyard. They're opportunistic feeders and will eat anything from salamanders and tadpoles to bluegills and largemouth bass. Another thing is they'll live anywhere from 5-12 years.

That's what I can tell you about them, but I can't speak for other types. Hope this helps a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

One thing for certain is Bullhead cats and Sunfish are a def no-no !!! Sunfish are very territorial and will nip to the point of injuring a wild caught cat and in return the cat will make lunch out of the sun.

Another thing to consider would be the shear size of the tank for a wild caught. As a juvie a minimum of at least 25-30 gallons and as it matures it will be best in at least a 200 gallon pond in your backyard. They're opportunistic feeders and will eat anything from salamanders and tadpoles to bluegills and largemouth bass. Another thing is they'll live anywhere from 5-12 years.

That's what I can tell you about them, but I can't speak for other types. Hope this helps a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Ive kept a mix of bluegill and green sunfish in a 75 gallon with a black bullhead and 2 slendermadtoms and all lived peacefully for about six years till they started getting too big for the tank. then i moved them to my pond and all are still alive.

Back
Top Bottom