Caught a pretty good pic today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cant wait till mine get older. Right now I have 15 3/mo old babys. I was told they were F1 but as conversations continue. I think I recall the guy telling me that dad was a f1 and mom was a f2. I cant recall. I need to learn about the whole "f1" labeling or family lineage. Ill ask the guy again. I love the look of this fish. I just hope his personalities are as good as he looks. Right now they are all sharing a 125g tank.

I cant wait till mine get older. Right now I have 15 3/mo old babys. I was told they were F1 but as conversations continue. I think I recall the guy telling me that dad was a f1 and mom was a f2. I cant recall. I need to learn about the whole "f1" labeling or family lineage. Ill ask the guy again. I love the look of this fish. I just hope his personalities are as good as he looks. Right now they are all sharing a 125g tank.

I love them! I started out with about 19 of them. When they got around 2" the aggression kicked in. I have 7 left after casualties and selling a few. Biggest ones are 4"

LOL at just 2" the attitudes started? WOW! ok, well we have another 90g and another 125. I guess if I want to save as many as I can. They may be taking over them tanks. Hehehe. I guess I need to start planning sooner. I do wantbto find other festaes that are of close to tge same age. Just to try and not inbreed tgem too much.

LOL at just 2" the attitudes started? WOW! ok, well we have another 90g and another 125. I guess if I want to save as many as I can. They may be taking over them tanks. Hehehe. I guess I need to start planning sooner. I do wantbto find other festaes that are of close to tge same age. Just to try and not inbreed tgem too much.

Their growth was crazy. My two biggest fish grew much faster than the rest. They are topping out at 4" and the rest are around 2.5".

Where are you located?

Wow!. Private message me some time. Id love to see if he ships fish. That woukd. E perfect. 3 breeding pair? Wow. He stays busy. Hehehe

When I found the festae on a local add I already had a bunch of kribensis. 2 of which had a batch of fry. So old all my fish ti give the festae there own home. But I forgot all about the kribensis fry. LOL. So after selling everyone and taking everything out if the tank ti get everyone. I figured my fry kribensis and this guys new festae were about the same age. And I just let then all go together. Worse case scenario. They would get sold as they grew. Or apart of the food chain.

So after you tolf me about the aggression at about 2". I guess the kribensis will be "target fish" for the festae. I tried taking some pictures to share with you on my phone. They are not as good as your picture. But wanted to share anyways.

Cool video. In the long run the kribensis are prob gonna be snacks but who knows. The conspecific aggression may keep the festae busy enough to leave them alone. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Do you know the lineage of your festae. Mine are rio tumbes.

Cool video. In the long run the kribensis are prob gonna be snacks but who knows. The conspecific aggression may keep the festae busy enough to leave them alone. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Do you know the lineage of your festae. Mine are rio tumbes.

Thats a real good question. This being my first and only f1 fish(es). What are some questions I should ask the guy? So I can keep a log on them?

I read another post online saying "f1 f2 and ect. " was just generic terms for wild caught. Im still learning about the whole lineage thing. I recall him telling us he got them from some big fish guy around our parts. And then they breed.

But at that time and moment. I just wanted to get the baby fish that my wife oooh'ed about and at that time I realized the dwarf cichlid I liked as a kid. Was like a ghost in our 125g tank. We had 10 kribensis and 2 parents and when you looked at the tank at any time of day. It just looked like I had a large decorated water tank and nothing in it.

So we know how to take care of fish and providing and researching there needs. But the whole "F1" and wild caught is new to us.

For log book reasins. What details should I ask for or get from the guy?

Thats a real good question. This being my first and only f1 fish(es). What are some questions I should ask the guy? So I can keep a log on them?

I read another post online saying "f1 f2 and ect. " was just generic terms for wild caught. Im still learning about the whole lineage thing. I recall him telling us he got them from some big fish guy around our parts. And then they breed.

But at that time and moment. I just wanted to get the baby fish that my wife oooh'ed about and at that time I realized the dwarf cichlid I liked as a kid. Was like a ghost in our 125g tank. We had 10 kribensis and 2 parents and when you looked at the tank at any time of day. It just looked like I had a large decorated water tank and nothing in it.

So we know how to take care of fish and providing and researching there needs. But the whole "F1" and wild caught is new to us.

For log book reasins. What details should I ask for or get from the guy?

f0=wild caught fish
f1=offspring of wild caught
And so on........

Always nice to know which river system or what not.

Back
Top Bottom