centre piece fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steeledarren

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so to my 55 gal tall I have added 6 peppered Cory's. 6 diamond tetras. 2 Otto's. And 3 Armano shrimp. Now for a centre piece. I don't want an angel discus or gourami. So my choices are pretty limited. Some colour would be good too. Any ideas thanks

Maybe a rainbow shark? It'd certainly encourage schooling among the tetras, and is relatively colorful. Other then that maybe a pair of rams, or a keyhole cichlid.

i dont know about that, currently my friends BP are 7-8inches and hes with shrimp/bn pleco, 2inch oscar and a couple of otos... but i guess their is a possibility

Rainbowfish. there is room for another group in there, they have a lot of color and are very active.

if you want color try german blue rams.
ram.jpg

if you want color try german blue rams.
ram.jpg

As a person who has and loves these fish, I'm not sure I'd call them centerpiece since they're pretty small and often take to hiding. Plus, I'd hate the OP to become yet another person posting here about buying them and getting mad because they all died.

A pair of kribs, rams, apistos.. pretty much any of the peaceful dwarfs would do good with your stock list. They might get aggressive if they breed but you should have enough real estate.

Good idea. I keep forgetting about them. They certainly can be centerpiece fish.

Some of them will. I have 13 that I have never seen touch either the Amazon Sword or Amazon Frogbit within their tank.

A pair of kribs, rams, apistos.. pretty much any of the peaceful dwarfs would do good with your stock list. They might get aggressive if they breed but you should have enough real estate.

+1

From my personal experience my blue rams have been pretty aggressive but I think I got some bad apples. You can also check out balloon rams they are cool too.

I have a kribensis in my community tank now and he is very peaceful and has a great personality...wish I could find a cockatoo cichlid in my area :confused:

How about a keyhole cichlid and maybee a kribensis. How would that work

my 3 silver dollars ripped amazon swoards apart, but they are very friendly, they work with almost any fish.. 55 gallons tho, as they do get kinda large.. they could work as a centerpeice fish.. i highly reccomend them

steeledarren said:
How about a keyhole cichlid and maybee a kribensis. How would that work

I highly recommend the keyhole. Great fish! Don't know much about the kribensis though. Ill have to let someone else help you there

if you want color try German blue rams.
ram.jpg
Three things, 1 that is a beautiful German Blue Ram.
Next is about your phrase " Bad things happen over night and good things take time". is so true. I like it a lot. I hope you don't mind if I use it.
Last, I also love Cichlids and Rams. But aren't Rams a type of Cichlid?

Back
Top Bottom