Changed Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I . It's reallty all a crap shoot when you come down to it. Any fish can take a dislike to any other fish, recorded or not.

I hear ya Carey, I'm kind of excited cuz this is the first time I've heard I can have more than 2 in a tank. thanks for the info.

Mike73 said:
Hey guy's,
I was always told that could only have 2 clownfish. Is it wise to have 4? I mean will they fight or will it be okay? I just lost one last night and I want to get another one once i figure out the problem that just popped up. If I could have more than 2 that would be awesome.

I have four in my tank two big ones and two small only problems I have is that the big one bites at the small ones tail every so often.

carey said:
I have 4 in my 55g for now. I was very careful on which ones I added though. Oscellaris are the least aggressive I read so I have the b&w's and regular old misbarred oscellaris. So far they all hang together and even sleep all together.

I wouldn't go mixing percs and oscellaris or other clowns though. Could lead to aggression issues.

I want a pair of black clowns.

Anyone care to talk about the thread title, we are having a major problem here lol.

I went back and re read the thread. i agree with the other poster who said you may have gotten true percula. They tend to have more black in them.

Hope that helped. I wouldn't worry about the color change.

I have had mine about a year now and he just recently got literally mean. He is darker on top and seems to be much larger as well. My poor blenny is to terrified to come out of the rocks and he is beautiful.

Aww that's a shame. I know the perculas are more aggressive than oscellaris, I researched the clowns to death before I put a second pair in my tank.

They are damsel fish so keep that in mind. :)

Are there any damsels that don't become total pests? I like the color selection they have but the temperament they have won't do well in a community tank. At the the ones I know about.

Yep exactly. beautiful fish with nasty tempermeant. Luckily the clowns don't take after them too much usually. But they are still a territorial fish

Back
Top Bottom