changing tank with baby guppies in it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
i am going to change my 1 gallon tank that has my baby guppies in it till the other one cycles is it ok to put them in after i change the water and put aqua safe in it? my hubbie wont let me buy any hoses to clean the tank

When i change my fry tank i put them in a fish cup (the kind LFS use to put fish in) It works really well and it is very important to keep tha water clean in such a small tank. How many fry do u have? What breeding r they?
How big r they?
Those r big factors
If i were you i would buy a 10 setup and keep 'em in their

G12 :)

u cant buy a three dollar hose?
what i use to do for my betta tank is get a cup take tank water and just pour it all out and add fresh water.
i dont know how well that would be with fry
or just take a cup and scoop water out and take half out or something

Hi 1rst what kind are the fry ? 2nd how old are they? A lot depends on the ans to those 2 questions. You can use a cut off piece of water hose if you have a damaged hose. If you have a larger tank i would remove a gal of that water to replace the water in the 1 gal it will already be aged and cycled that way. Then replace the water in the larger tank with new water. Depending on size of the fry you may actually want to replace water only so the fry still have stuff to feed off of.

Sincerely Curtis

I just scoop the water out with a large disposable gladware on my 10 gallon fry tank. I just check very carefully every scoop to make sure I didn't get the fry in it. Of course my fry tank sits right beside my bathroom sink. My fry tank has no substrate and I just let the waste decay and stay on top of the water changes rather than try to vaccum.

Back
Top Bottom