chat room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can :dance: if we want to!

We can leave your friends behind

Cause your friends don't :dance: and if they don't :dance:

Well they're no friends of mine

Because dancing releases stress and this whole site is made of stressful people in stressful situations. We need this dancing thread :dance:

Dance like nobody s watching .....

But I like the idea of a chat thread. My husband s on a tortoise forum site & he chats with the same people everyday . About life , work, family etc.
I ll start. Hubby finally got a job after not working for over a year. He starts Monday, here s hoping it s a viable & lasting position . Good reason to dance a happy dance!

Dance like nobody s watching .....

But I like the idea of a chat thread. My husband s on a tortoise forum site & he chats with the same people everyday . About life , work, family etc.
I ll start. Hubby finally got a job after not working for over a year. He starts Monday, here s hoping it s a viable & lasting position . Good reason to dance a happy dance!

Yay! I know the feeling, my boyfriend has had trouble finding a good job for the past year and a half and he just got a nice promotion at the job he has been at since February. It's the position they initially interviewed him for.
I should be getting a computer this week, so hopefully I can join the chat room soon!

Thanks DMW & Alyxx.
So, have a question at the risk of looking silly. Have seen several comments about needing to be on a computer to chat but I m on my IPhone & here we are chatting?!?!

On the main website there is an actual chat room, but that feature isn't available from the app or through the browser of most mobile devices.

Hey Bob! Get to chatting :). What s everyone doing this weekend ? We pried ourselves off of the couch & are actually out to dinner in our nearest town. Oh & bought a lottery ticket. Feeling lucky.

Hey Bob! Get to chatting :). What s everyone doing this weekend ? We pried ourselves off of the couch & are actually out to dinner in our nearest town. Oh & bought a lottery ticket. Feeling lucky.

If you win the lottery, will you buy me the 130 dollar pair of breeding angels I want online? Lol ;)

I'm going fishing this weekend! :)

If you win the lottery, will you buy me the 130 dollar pair of breeding angels I want online? Lol ;)

I'm going fishing this weekend! :)

Sure! Why not :).?
An aquarist that fishes? Always seems weird to me. Not judging, just an observation.

Sure! Why not :).?
An aquarist that fishes? Always seems weird to me. Not judging, just an observation.

I like fishing too. And yes, it seems odd to me too. I guess I compartmentalize pet fish differently than "food fish."

Hahaha my boyfriend gets SO ANNOYED with me when I fish cause I LOVE to fish but HATE hurting them. And whenever I get one I always check it over and apologize to it and check it to make sure I didn't hurt it too bad. Went fishing today and I was like "OMG babe it has pop eye!! I didn't know that happened to lake fish!!" ....and then we realized after some tugging of the "swallowed" hook that it had indeed went into its eye. Thank god we got it out and he seemed okay no gushing blood I apologized and put it back in the water. Needless to say end of my fishing today :/
Only thing that's hard for me (besides hurting them) is coming home and seeing my fish. I feel dirty doing it since they're the same, just two different homes. Also, I sit and talk with my angels and Oscar fish to keep them entertained (lol and me too) and tell them about it. I always tell them how bad I feel and can't imagine ever being able to do that to them. Then it makes me feel worse causes I love all fish and yet here these fish are all getting hooks in there mouths simply because no one loves them. :(

.....and then I go fishing again within 24 hours :hide:

Hahaha my boyfriend gets SO ANNOYED with me when I fish cause I LOVE to fish but HATE hurting them. And whenever I get one I always check it over and apologize to it and check it to make sure I didn't hurt it too bad. Went fishing today and I was like "OMG babe it has pop eye!! I didn't know that happened to lake fish!!" ....and then we realized after some tugging of the "swallowed" hook that it had indeed went into its eye. Thank god we got it out and he seemed okay no gushing blood I apologized and put it back in the water. Needless to say end of my fishing today :/
Only thing that's hard for me (besides hurting them) is coming home and seeing my fish. I feel dirty doing it since they're the same, just two different homes. Also, I sit and talk with my angels and Oscar fish to keep them entertained (lol and me too) and tell them about it. I always tell them how bad I feel and can't imagine ever being able to do that to them. Then it makes me feel worse causes I love all fish and yet here these fish are all getting hooks in there mouths simply because no one loves them. :(

.....and then I go fishing again within 24 hours :hide:

Oh my! What a predicament.

I LOVE fishing. Mainly saltwater. Redfish trout black drum red snapper and my all time favorite is shark fishing. Shark is the best fish meat you could ever eat. I tell no lie saying that! Fishing and fish keeping are 2 completely different things in my book. I couldnt keep them categorized in the same because I use live bait ALOT. Im a bad person!

Oh my! What a predicament.

I LOVE fishing. Mainly saltwater. Redfish trout black drum red snapper and my all time favorite is shark fishing. Shark is the best fish meat you could ever eat. I tell no lie saying that! Fishing and fish keeping are 2 completely different things in my book. I couldnt keep them categorized in the same because I use live bait ALOT. Im a bad person!

Can we not talk about this? I totally against fishing and its making me upset :(

^1 I don't like people that fish and kill the fish for consumption like sharks, whales, and other marine animals like that, some fish is fine such as tuna and salmon, I like fishing and then releasing the fish again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom