Cheapest online source for accesories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Where is the cheapest place to order from? I'm thinking of upgrading to a canister filter for my 55g tank but I don't want to pay more than I have to.

I was thinking about the Hagen Fluval 304. They have it for 69.99 + shipping. Is that going to be that much better than my HOB?

The Fluval 304 can filter an aquarium of up to 70 gal. Since your tank is 55 gal, this is sufficient. In regard to your HOB, I'm not sure which one you have. But, a canister is much better than a hob due to it's flexibility.

I buy equipment for less at superfishstore.com. If your in the market for Jebo products only,Aquatraders.com sells only their products.Their cannisters are excellent,speaking as an owner of one.You can purchase model 828 for $59.99 for tanks 55-125 gallons.

Thanks everyone, you guys saved me some serious $.

Don't forget that Big Al's will Match competitor prices and knock off an additional 5%...you just have to call customer service at the time of ur purchase.

In addition to Big Als, check out Drs Foster and Smith. Since you are in cal., try Petco and Petsmart on line. Petco on line is 40 to 60 cheaper than the store. Petco has a warehouse in San Dimas so you get delivery in 3 days. Big Als takes 7 to 10 to socal.:D

Fishyfanatic said:
The Fluval 304 can filter an aquarium of up to 70 gal. Since your tank is 55 gal, this is sufficient. In regard to your HOB, I'm not sure which one you have. But, a canister is much better than a hob due to it's flexibility.

I went ahead and ordered the Fluval 304 from Big Al's, thanks to everyone who helped out. I almost went with the Jebo for cheaper, but I was worried about being able to find replacement parts and filter media.

Cool. I was going to suggest petsolutions for ehiem, but I'm too late! Oh well, good luck with your fluval!! :D

If you were worried about replacement parts for a Jebo,Superfishstore.com has a huge inventory warehouse for replacement parts.They also would have beat the price for the Eheim 2215 at petsolutions.Their regular price is 99.95.

piranha said:
If you were worried about replacement parts for a Jebo,Superfishstore.com has a huge inventory warehouse for replacement parts.

I saw media for the 828, but not the 825 that I was going to order. Plus, its nice to be able to go into any fish store in the country and get media for the Fluval Canisters. Don't get me wrong though, I really appreciate your advice and was really close to getting that Jebo.

Media for both units are the same.Cannister diameter is the same.The 828 is taller.It's an Eheim clone;their media will also be suitable.Many people are afraid to try something different.From my experiences and of the many aquarists I have spoken with Jebo is very reliable.Its low cost gives you the option to get more fish or supplies.Many aquarists have told me fluvals gave them nothing but problems.Good Luck!

alright piranha, you have me intrigued... :mrgreen: I don't see it for $59.99 at either site you posted though. Am I missing something?

Okay,the CS-F4(formerly the 828) is $61.16 at the superfishstore.com. It's on sale now. Sorry I was off $1.17. I purchased mine for $59.99. Also the 825 is $46.95(Only difference is it's 3-stage).If you need to talk to a salesperson at the store here is the number: (512)989-2293. If I can be of any other help--I have all specs for both filters--let me know. And the wife won't even be upset at these prices.

Back
Top Bottom