Choking????!???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lycie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help! My female guppy has half swallowed something and can't swallow it or spit it out! It there anything I can do for her? :(

It looks like its part of a pea and it's stuck diagonally so it is really jammed in there. :(

When you fed the pea, had you blanched it and skinned it first? If so, the pea will dissolve. If not, you could have an issue.

Yes I skinned it and I squashed it before I put it in the water. But I don't think it will dissolve any more than it already has? The left overs that I thought I had removed were fairly hard. I tried putting food in there to see if she would spit it out, but she tried swallowing it more and now it's even more stuck. I don't think I could get tweezers in there if I tried :(

I'm sorry, I don't know what to tell you. That's such a small fish. It's hard to do any type of procedure on them when they're that small.

I tried getting it out with tweezers, and she was really good...but her mouth is just too small. I guess I have to wait and see if she makes it :(

Checked on her as soon as I woke up, and she's back to normal :) I'll be watching her closely today, but she seems like herself again. Yay!

Glad to hear it. You might consider fasting this tank today just to give her a day's rest.

Back
Top Bottom