Chromis injury?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sehrhart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tanks cycle finished last Thursday I waited till Saturday to add my first fish. Now about two weeks ago I added about 8 small hermit crabs that a friends needed to hey rid of before he moves anyway besides the hermit crabs there is nothing else in the tank. So I added 4 chromis they were happy and active then I came home from work today and one is missing and another one has a mark on its side maybe even missing scale I'm not sure so can I get some opinions I'm attaching a pic.

Attachments

• image-1718780344.jpg
    image-1718780344.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 75
Really? I got 4 should I have got more? So you think it looks like damage instead of disease? Thanks for your quick responce

That looks like a battle wound to me. I've only had success with keeping two chromis at a time.

Definitely a fight wound. I doubt that one will survive. It's kind of hit or miss on chromis. I had 3 originally, added 3 more, all new addtions were killed within 48 hours. I added another 2 a month later and these two were killed fairly quickly. They're very peaceful towards other fish, but for whatever reason they live a "kill or be killed" mentality within their school.

Back
Top Bottom