Cichlid Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJG187

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently acquired two 3" cichlids, an Albino Cichlid and a Auratus Cichlid. I was wondering two different things. 1. Would a community pleco that is about 5" already do well with the cichlids, or will they attack him? 2. What is the best type of food to feed them?

yeah he would do just fine and if you r feeding the pleco he will eat the alge and he will eat the stuff of the bottom but if you want to feed them a treat use a cucumber slice

I am currently feeding the pleco algae wafers. The food question was actually in concerns to the cichlids. I bought them Cichlid pellets and frozen blood worms, but I was wondering if that was the best type of food to give them. I would really like to give them the best food possible.

I would stay away from blood worms for your cichlids...too high of protein can cause bloat.

Malawi Bloat

Stick with a good pellet and skip the treats. I with most others use New Life Spectrum Cichlid with great results.

Okay thank you. I currently have Omega One Super Color Cichlid Pellets. Would those be equivalent or should I grab some of the new life?

No Omega One is good just be sure not to overfeed them. Also a good idea to fast them one day a week to help keep intestine track clear.

@ mfdrookie516 I don't know what type the albino is but I did attach a picture

@ hukit thank you for the advice. I will keep that in mind.

Attachments

• image-2175896446.jpg
    image-2175896446.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 82
Really? It actually looked more like an albino bumblebee to me.

Back
Top Bottom