Cichlid tank progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would recommend more frequent water changes then once a week for the first month or 2 until you build up a decent colony of beneficial bacteria, then back it down to oncea week. And if you are using town/city water you need to condition it. If you are on a well then you should be golden.

I would recommend more frequent water changes then once a week for the first month or 2 until you build up a decent colony of beneficial bacteria, then back it down to oncea week. And if you are using town/city water you need to condition it. If you are on a well then you should be golden.

Okay it's only been 4 weeks and ya I know I use a water conditioner lol

Id be doing a water change every other day in an uncycled tank. Your ammonia levels could be deadly after a week.

Reactions: HN1
Id be doing a water change every other day in an uncycled tank. Your ammonia levels could be deadly after a week.

Okay I'll do a water change today , so should I do a water change on Monday , Wednesday , and Friday ? Because I can't do a water change every day because I still have school and I need to work hard to get good grades so I can have a good job , but this week I don't have school but I can't do water changes on this Thursday because it's thanksgiving

Back
Top Bottom