Cichlid tank progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plants may not have much chance with mbuna. I'd stick to the toughest ones.

Plants may not have much chance with mbuna. I'd stick to the toughest ones.

I'm not going to get live plants lol they would keep destroying and. Unrooting them and it would be annoyin XD I'm going to get fake plants

They are doing fine ! And I'm not going to take them back it is to late , and I'm not a he lol

They will for awhile, then in a few months, you'll be posting and asking why all your fish are dying. But you are entitled to do as you like, it is after all your money you are throwing away.

Yea was just giving suggestions that fit her tank better.

Understood

Guys , if I got a bristle nose pleco , jewel cichlid ( only if they have small ones ) , and an upside down catfish would it work ?

Why do you keep asking if your stocking plan is going to work, when you've already been told it won't work long term? You are already going to be overstocked when your fish mature, adding more fish is not going to help the situation.

You're welcome and awesome , how many gallons ?

He answered that . . . 125

I'm not going to get live plants lol they would keep destroying and. Unrooting them and it would be annoyin XD I'm going to get fake plants

They will uproot your plastic plants as well.

They will for awhile, then in a few months, you'll be posting and asking why all your fish are dying. But you are entitled to do as you like, it is after all your money you are throwing away. Understood Why do you keep asking if your stocking plan is going to work, when you've already been told it won't work long term? You are already going to be overstocked when your fish mature, adding more fish is not going to help the situation. He answered that . . . 125 They will uproot your plastic plants as well.

Why are you being so rude ? I was just asking , just stop commenting on my post !

They will for awhile, then in a few months, you'll be posting and asking why all your fish are dying. But you are entitled to do as you like, it is after all your money you are throwing away. Understood Why do you keep asking if your stocking plan is going to work, when you've already been told it won't work long term? You are already going to be overstocked when your fish mature, adding more fish is not going to help the situation. He answered that . . . 125 They will uproot your plastic plants as well.

And sorry I didn't see that he already said that -.-

You're welcome and awesome , how many gallons ?

I think this was ment for me and its a 55 looking to get a 75. And I started out like you with a tank too small and eveutally upgraded before my fish got mature so while things are looking good u should be on the look out for a bigger tank at least a 55.

I think this was ment for me and its a 55 looking to get a 75. And I started out like you with a tank too small and eveutally upgraded before my fish got mature so while things are looking good u should be on the look out for a bigger tank at least a 55.

Lol I think i was asking you XD , and awesome and ya I'll see in a couple of months if I need a bigger tank lol which I proabably will

Yea you will, with fish like auratus and kenyi two hyper aggressive mbuna

Yea you will, with fish like auratus and kenyi two hyper aggressive mbuna

Okay , so I should be planning to get like a 75 gallon ? My parents would only let me get a bigger tank if I got more fish for it though -.-

A 55 at the least there both the same length but the 75 is wider

Why are you being so rude ? I was just asking , just stop commenting on my post !

No one is being rude - they are simply offering advice. It after all is the point of our community. You are welcomed to take it or leave it. If it was coming from someone like Wy Renegade I personally would be inclined to take it given his background and experience. He isn't trying to steer you wrong or offend you. Just offering years of experience and wisdom.

Reactions: HN1

I didn't think I was being rude ~ I was simply answering your questions about what will and won't work. You seem to be of the opinion that if someone tells you something you don't want to hear, like your current stock list isn't going to work long term, they are being rude. I'm just trying to help you and look out for the fish at the same time. If you don't want my advice, I'll go elsewhere and wish your fish the best of luck.

Reactions: HN1
I didn't think I was being rude ~ I was simply answering your questions about what will and won't work. You seem to be of the opinion that if someone tells you something you don't want to hear, like your current stock list isn't going to work long term, they are being rude. I'm just trying to help you and look out for the fish at the same time. If you don't want my advice, I'll go elsewhere and wish your fish the best of luck.

Okay lol sorry

Not trying to be rude as you seem to take offense easily. But cycling your tank should be your top priority before even thinking about getting fish...smh

So what is your maintenance schedule like now that you have fish? If you dont mind me asking

I do a 25-50% water change every Monday , when I got the fish I did get a bottle that kind if cycles it but I threw the bottle away when it was finished , it lasted a week because it said to put a certain amount of it everyday , the Ph is 7.6 ( my tap water is also that ph ) , I don't know the other stuff though becuse I don't have those testers yet but I'll try to go someday to my LFS and get my water tested

Back
Top Bottom