Cichlid vs Bgk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah not sure this was a good pair the little chiclid is ubsessed with my much bigger black ghost knife and taken his tunnel over and won't let him in. He wants to chase him all the time.

My knife trying to hide, going to give it couple more days to see if it works itself out. They were fine together for weeks. Now the cichlid wants every hole, tunnel, cave from any fish. My gosh he's become ocd.20220108_200811.jpg

I don't know what kind of cichlid it is but the bgk is a very sensitive fish and can't handle the stress so I would move the cichlid if you can.

Yes I actually couldn't take it, I moved the African cichlid out that same day. Then I felt bad for my cichlid by himself. So I got 2 more similar size. But they fight amongst themselves. [emoji849] I guess he would've been happy alone.

They've calmed down a little, my question is do they ever mellow out? Mine are juvenile and one dominates every cave in the tank. I'm hoping they do so I can re-introduce to my community tank.

I think the older the cichlid gets the more dominant he'll become and will bully your bgk sadly.

Back
Top Bottom