Cichlid Woes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that's true some almost look pure bred to me but that will probably change when they get a lil bigger

The Blue's look like a Kenyi but a deeper blue. The Tricolor, I've no idea who they look like but they are really beautiful. They have Yellow bodies and blue fins with the deep rust red (like the find of a RTZ) around their gills.

wendi ya have to provide pics to adulthood lol I can see the broken pattern of the OB on my fry now, they are getting big. now to guilt the wife that were going to have to give them away as feeders unless we get another tank and raise them LOL I think it might just work.

wendi ya have to provide pics to adulthood lol I can see the broken pattern of the OB on my fry now, they are getting big. now to guilt the wife that were going to have to give them away as feeders unless we get another tank and raise them LOL I think it might just work.[/QUOTE

It's easier to convince someone with the truth. And the truth is that all our beautiful hybrids are only important to us. To everyone else, they are just food.

I would love to give you a few of my 2" Blues, but I don't have a clue how to safely pack and ship them. Do you?

I believe Severum Mama has a link in her profile to an article she wrote on how to package and ship fish. Might be worth checking out.

EDIT: here's the link. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articles/articles/129/1/Shipping-Fish-and-Invertebrates/Page1.html

Well for whatever reason it's not linking properly, but if you copy and paste the link above into your browser it will take you there.

Last edited:
I believe Severum Mama has a link in her profile to an article she wrote on how to package and ship fish. Might be worth checking out.

EDIT: here's the link. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articles/articles/129/1/Shipping-Fish-and-Invertebrates/Page1.html

Well for whatever reason it's not linking properly, but if you copy and paste the link above into your browser it will take you there.

Thank you for the info, now if it's not to expensive I'll try to ship a few of my babies.

i would take a couple.;)

Hey T-man,
If I can read severum Mamas article on how to pack and ship fish safely and it's not pricey. I'll be happy to send you a few.
I can tell on some of them, not all but some if they are male or female.
If I can figure it out, do you have a preference? I will try but no gender guarantee

Hmmm I may have to check this out. I just called on a 50 gallon with stand and pump for 30 bucks , but i may be too late. someone has already asked but if they dont get it I will swoop in.

i would love to have a few but im in the process of upgrading and moving so i really can until i have settled down a little bit thank you

i would love to have a few but im in the process of upgrading and moving so i really can until i have settled down a little bit
but thank you

i would love to have a few but im in the process of upgrading and moving so i really can until i have settled down a little bit
but thank you

I wouldn't want to ship them until they were bigger anyway. They are big enough to give away now, but that's different than shipping. They will stand a better chance of survival if they are bigger and a little tougher.
So if you still want a couple later on, just let me know when.

I understand the moving and upgrading. I'm trying to find a 75g for my Mbunas and a 90g for my Angels, on craigslist. Not an easy thing to do, there are 55g tanks up the wazoo, but the larger tanks are harder to find.
That is until you get to the 200g and up sizes, those they have too.
I really can't afford to buy 2 new tank, well I can afford the tank just not the stands.

I got lucky with my 90 gal someone was selling it as a 75 g. I never see many 99 g... So I just fig the 4 inches of depth wasn't imp so I went with the 75 g. ( and happy it was a 90!!) what area are you in? I'd be interested in paying shipping when some are ready. I'm sure the several lil fry communities in my tank could be hybrid. I have 4 sets from one aurora so far ( I call her the happy Ho!!) she's holding AGAIN. I want to catch her n put her in another tank, but shell prob work the corner in there too!!! Lol Tho I only have one male and 4 f so they may not be hybrid. Hoping to see ele yellow fry swimming in there soon. I just resealed a 55 flat back hex I guess it's called and will set it up this weekend and my brother in law is giving me a 75g I am upgrading my current 55. Which my lil puffer will go in if he ever grows....

I got lucky with my 90 gal someone was selling it as a 75 g. I never see many 99 g... So I just fig the 4 inches of depth wasn't imp so I went with the 75 g. ( and happy it was a 90!!) what area are you in? I'd be interested in paying shipping when some are ready. I'm sure the several lil fry communities in my tank could be hybrid. I have 4 sets from one aurora so far ( I call her the happy Ho!!) she's holding AGAIN. I want to catch her n put her in another tank, but shell prob work the corner in there too!!! Lol Tho I only have one male and 4 f so they may not be hybrid. Hoping to see ele yellow fry swimming in there soon. I just resealed a 55 flat back hex I guess it's called and will set it up this weekend and my brother in law is giving me a 75g I am upgrading my current 55. Which my lil puffer will go in if he ever grows....

At the rate they've been growing, they will be ready to ship with in 30 days. Do you know which color you'd want? They come in a deep blue and a light yellow with blue fins, at least for now. They were all red when they were a week old. But both are really beautiful and interesting.
There is only one that I can tell is male so far, but that too will change as they mature.
I love the name "Happy Ho", it's perfect.
I live in McMinnville, Or., it's an hour North West of Salem.

I wish I could just get 2-75g, but my angels really will need the extra depth. Especially since they are the Veil tail and they will need room for their fins. They would be very unhappy if their fins were dragging across the bottom of the tank.
I think I am going to get stuck having to buy new tanks and then build the stands myself. The tanks themselves don't cost very much, it's the stands that are expensive. I found a stand that for both the 75g & 90g tanks but it's matte black and ugly and I really want wood stands. So unless I get real lucky, I think I'll be using Pops tools & tool shop and probably Pop too.

Well I missed out on a 50g with stand pump and I think heater for $30 Geeze It was gonna be a nice home for some of my Fry. I get envious reading about 90g tanks and stuff :)

Prob some yellow or mix... It will contrast nice in my tanks. We did a built in for my 90. I'm getting ready to do plans for the 75 so it's ready when we pick it up and I can transfer everything right into it ( python best investment ever!) can put them in there with other juvies i have :) the convicts will go to my sons room... Hmm.... Now what will go in the 55 I just resealed, water check tomorrow....

Back
Top Bottom