Clean up crew for 12 gallon nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't need to be that deep. Most pistol shrimp will accommodate themselves and make piles of sand wherever they feel necessary. With that being said, i would say 3" of sand is the minimum for a pistol shrimp. That's enough sand for them to either burrow, or to move the sand around to their liking. My pistol shrimp used to make piles of sand everywhere he went, so eventually the depth of sand in some areas was deeper than in other areas. The areas where it was deeper, is where he made his home. So it's not really a question of can it be done in a tank that small, but more or less, do you want sand piles all over your tank since you don't have enough sand for him to burrow in comfortably.

hmmm.. I don't mind sand piles all over the tank... and there should be plenty of sand in there for him.. I've actually contemplated taking some sand out because it is SO deep in the back....
I'll think about that one before I do it. :)

Having a DSB, my pistol has made it's home in the corner with the deepest sand bed. It's tunnel is right against the glass for a bit so when it comes out I can see it in its tunnel. Doesn't happen often and it darts back down if I get too close with the light (even a red LED).

Back
Top Bottom