CLEANER WRASSE ???? BUY or NOT ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been told that at least one cleaner wrasse should be kept per aquarium (to keep down the number of parasites on fish). My aquarium is only 32 gal so I guess I would only need one, but would it be worth getting one ?? because I have also been told that they have a tendany to bury themselves in the gravel and never get seen again (even during daytime).

Help Appriciated, Many Thanks :lol:

They have more of a tendancy to die, usually not taking to prepared foods. Some have had success, but I'd recommend looking at neon blue gobies. They clean fish too. If worried about ick and stuff, cleaner wrasses and neon gobies aren't to be relied on anyway. Tank maintenance and properly QTing new arrivals :soap: are your best bet IMO.

I think cleaner wrasses are hit or miss. Ive had one for about 5 months now and doing well but before this one I tried two separate times and they both died within a week. 3rd time a charm I guess

Cleaner shrimp: Check.
Angelfish: Check.
Neon blue gobies: Check.

Wrasses have too much attitude for my peaceful tank. :)

In a 32g, just get what you absolutely want.

lol, Thanks All,

btw, any chance if i got a cleaner shrimp it would get munched by my malu anenomie ?? just asking ?

Back
Top Bottom