Cleaning a large tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
So im cleaning up the 75gal tank I just aquired... its really dirty.. well, the top part is at least. Since its so large I don't want to use any chemicals because it would be hard to clean, rinse and repeat. Right now i filled it up half way with water and am using a wash cloth and a magnet scrubber thingy... does anyone have any other suggestions? Because some of the gunk isn't coming off. And by gunk I mean that dried up water gritty stuff.

Tank Girl just helped someone with this last week...what did she say??
Having a memory failure at the moment. Sorry :?

haha its kosher..

Like I said.. rinsing is the problem because Im on the 2nd floor and its not like I can lug a 75gal tank downstairs to take a hose to it or something..

As of right now, the only way ill be able to empty this water is by using the gravel vac and sucking up water to take downstairs.. bucket by bucket

yes

I guess I could lug buckets to the bathtub.. im sure I would have thought of that after a few trips down the stairs.. hehe

I can't find my razor blade.. I had one for cleaning my other tank, snorting coke and scrapping off parking stickers in my car and I don't know what happened to it. HA just playing about the scrapping off parking stickers- I just peel those off with my fingers :wink: (heh, im worried thats going to get edited out)

Actually, my tank is looking pretty darn clean.. it still has water in it so Im gunna scrub somemore before I drain it

lyquidphyre said:
I can't find my razor blade.. I had one for cleaning my other tank, snorting coke and scrapping off parking stickers in my car and I don't know what happened to it. HA just playing about the scrapping off parking stickers- I just peel those off with my fingers :wink: (heh, im worried thats going to get edited out)

Actually, my tank is looking pretty darn clean.. it still has water in it so Im gunna scrub somemore before I drain it

HAHAHAHA, that is good stuff

Back
Top Bottom