cleanup crew question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalton0608

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok guys I have a 10g with a breeding pair of tomato clowns but I'm really needing some advice on what kind of "clean-up" crew to get. I have 3 turbo snails but they dont do very much in terms of cleaning. So any input on some good sand bed, rock, and glass cleaners that will work well is very appreciated

First things first tomato clowns are way to big to even have one in a ten let alone 2. Snails are snails they take time to do there thing

Are they actually breeding? Two full grown tomato clowns in a ten is crazy since they get 5-6".

they arent big yet.....I'm also in the process of setting up a 40gal to transfer them too

That is the purchase size. It says down at the bottom 4". I've personally seen them get around 5 max. A 40 will be much better for them.

right. Yea once i get the 40 set all the way up and cycled they will b moved. The 10 will then just be used for coral. I still need some good ideas on the most effective invert for maintaining the look of my tank

Oh true haha sorry. Um my astrea snail is a beast when it comes to the glass and rocks. And ceriths are awesome at keeping the top of the sandbed clean.

You don't need a cleanup crew. If your tank looks dirty, it's because you are overfeeding or don't have enough flow. 3 turbo snails will starve to death in a 10 gallon tank.

What you should do is return your clowns and do some research on what fish you can put into a 10 g tank because most likely your tank is dirty because you have way to big a bio load in it

The water isn't dirty mostly just the sandbed and glass. But thanks everyone for the input

well my 40 is already set up just need to wait for it to cycle which should take about a week. like i said the clowns will be moved to the 40

That's what we mean when we say dirty. Your system probably has high nitrates which can fuel an algae bloom

Back
Top Bottom