Cloudy glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SugaBit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29 gallon aquarium that I bought (new) in 2008. I've been noticing the last few days that my aquarium glass is getting kind of "foggy". It's not crystal clear like a mirror, like it used to be when it was new. It kind of has this white film or cloudiness to it, kinda hard to explain. I tried cleaning it with an aquarium brush, but it didn't help much... it just ended up scratching my glass.

What is this? What is causing this? Can I fix it? Or is my tank just getting old & the glass isn't looking as good as it used to? How long do aquariums last before the glass starts getting ugly?

I have a 29 gallon aquarium that I bought (new) in 2008. I've been noticing the last few days that my aquarium glass is getting kind of "foggy". It's not crystal clear like a mirror, like it used to be when it was new. It kind of has this white film or cloudiness to it, kinda hard to explain. I tried cleaning it with an aquarium brush, but it didn't help much... it just ended up scratching my glass.

What is this? What is causing this? Can I fix it? Or is my tank just getting old & the glass isn't looking as good as it used to? How long do aquariums last before the glass starts getting ugly?

Do you have a scrubber for the inside ?

Back
Top Bottom