Cloudy water help!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason6942

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone, I just started a new tank and noticed the water is really cloudy this morning and my other tanks the same. What can cause that and what should I do

I am cycleing my new one but my other two are a little cloudy to. Could it be the water I'm useing to fill the tanks. It's just tap water that had be treated but the water were I'm from is really hard water

Mine does that to it usually clears out in a few hours after I change the water. did you just change the water or has it been cloudy for a while?

I changed it weds so a few days. I thought maybe a algae bloom but I dont think that's it idk

Hello Jas...

If the tank has been up and running for a while, then add a dense poly fiber to the filter system and replace it at least every couple of weeks. Acurel and HBH have good products. Start getting into the habit of removing and replacing half the water in the tank every week. The poly fiber will attract and hold the small particles that cloud the water. What particles are missed by the filter will be removed when you change the tank water.

Pretty simple.

B

Back
Top Bottom