Cloudy water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long is it gonna take to settle? I have put sand as u can see. Should I leave filter on or off with the sand?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110414_073147.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110414_073147.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 56
I was thinking too... what about the filter. On or off?

I would think on to help clear water but... sand might ruin brand new filter + is moving the water going to slow down the clearing of it?

The cloudiness you're seeing is probably, almost entirely, just "dust" from the sand and really tiny particles that won't cause impeller damage. Sometimes even with adequate rinsing it's hard to get it completely cleaned. It should clear up within the next few days.

How fine is that sand? Is it like a powder? If it's extremely fine sand then you may run into some issues down the road.

It's about the size of normal table salt grains. I figured it was dust... even double rinsed it. The plants stay in it much better than expected and the air tube under the sand is detectable :)

What's normal table salt grains? The salt I use is very fine, lol. You are really supposed to do more than double rinse, but keep an eye on it and your impeller.

It cleared up well. It's better than the picture by a day too. Nearly clear now. Thanks guys :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110418_103440.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110418_103440.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom