Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertfah

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a cloudy water issue. For the past week or so, my water has been very cloudy. I've got a 155g that I do 35g PWC's every week (battling Cyano) and it's only housing inverts, no fish or LR at the moment. I'm running a Berlin Red Sea Protien Skimmer, but no UV light. I had one, but bulb needed replacing, so I just bought a turbo twist 36w and got it today.

Do you think not running the UV for a month or so would cause that? All my levels are fine:

PH: 8.4
NO2: 0
NO3: 0
PO4: 0
Ammonia: 0

TIA,

I have not run a UV in years in my reef and never on my fowlr so not using a UV is not going to cause the cloudy water.
What kind of water are you using? Could be some kind of algae bloom? Most of the blooms I have heard about were green not white. Are you mixing the new SW for 24 hours before adding to the tank? Not sure what it could be off hand, just tossing out some ideas..
Is it a lot of particles or just cloudy water.. Do you know what Im talking about..

I use RO/DI water and I do let it sit for atleast 24 hors b4 adding it to the tank. It's not particles, it's cloudy. It almost looks like the front glass has something smudged on it or something like that.

I have been battling cyano and bubble hair algae over the past 3 or 4 weeks, so that may be it, but it's weird how it just came about a week or so ago.

I've got 2 Maxi-jet 900 PH's on opposite sides of the tank, one higha dn one low pointing across the tank and I have 2 returns going towards the front of the tank powered by a mag 18b (1800 gph).

Back
Top Bottom