Clown fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm at college and my mom is watching my tank and she said that the 2 clowns went missing. I asked her if they were acting weird the last time she saw them and she said one of them was digging in the sand.

And thing I should be worried of, worried they died, or is that sign of hosting?

I doubt they would be hosting. What are your parameters? Are they new additions? Hope they do well. It might be a sign of stress. Are they eating okay?

obscurereef said:
I doubt they would be hosting. What are your parameters? Are they new additions? Hope they do well. It might be a sign of stress. Are they eating okay?

If they are missing, i would be looking on the carpet, in sump, overflow boxes or anywhere else they could have gotten caught. Clowns really arnt ones to just vanish, especially 2.

Idk what they are, last time I checked (a weeks ago) they were ok

The tank has been up for like 3 months, it's 55 gal with 30 lbs if live rock, 80lbs of live sand

Yellow tang and a little crab that came with the rocks

Well I wouldn't say crab idk what it is it looks like a little hermet crab

But what are you feeding your fish if that hermit was a hitchhiker he prob ate lots of meaty foods

Frozen brine shrimp that was what it was eating before

I got the rock from a buddy

Idk about them disappearing for more then a night/day. Mine always finds the weirdest places to sleep. before he us to sleep in a cave he built himself, vertically with his head down. Since rearranging all the rocks now he sleeps in a crack between the tank glass and a rock, on the sand. He constantly made little dunes around rocks when i rescaped them, so they definitely do dig. Mine was a Ocellaris, idk if other species are the same.

Ya I think they might have died my mom can still mot find them:(

Back
Top Bottom