Clown Friendly Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie

Aquarium Advice Freak
At this point I only have a Pulsing Zenia and a few Mushroom Corals. Now I want to add a coral that has the best chance of having my O. Clowns interact with it. What coral(s) would be the best choice?

There are no guarantees, they would host anything, clowns are clowns. I have heard of them hosting sand, the side of a tank, phs, and other things.

My clown hosted this coral, I believe it's a type of Frogspawn? I bought it from a frag meet, so not sure exactly what it is. He loves the thing though, sleeps in it at night too. LOL

Attachments

• clown2_169.jpg
    clown2_169.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 19
I have a maroon that host a bubble coral and a tomato clown that host a Pagoda Cup. But as Scott said there is no guantee.

I have a percula clown that was in a FO system for over 7 years. After a year in my reef, he has hosted to a frogspawn and a toadstool leather. He likes the frogspawn the best.

No guarantee though. Cool thing is that you can try more than one in your tank without the hassle of an anemone.

Mine like to move around a lot. First the hosted a ph. Then they went to my zoo's, alveopora, xenia and now two different mushrooms. They each have their own bed at night. Kinda cool! But no guarantees! There is a pretty good chance it will host something though! I had a bta in my tank for a while and they wouldnt go near it.

PH, LR wont touch the plate or torch
some one forgot to tell the CB clowns about hostin LOL

I hope you have better luck than I did....I got a beautiful (huge) torch coral, thinking my two clowns might possibly host it.....later a mushroom.....then a toadstool mushroom.....Oh no, it's a favorite piece of LR for them. What a couple of jokers those two are.

When you're successful be sure to get a pic...I'd enjoy seeing it.

Mine wont budge from a few of my bigger shrooms. I ended up trading in my anemone for store credit because the clown had NO interest in it and it was moving too much for my comfort!!!!

Back
Top Bottom