clown goby & shrimp questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salty_Dawg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys

Is it common for a clown goby to spend most of its day perched on the glass? The only time I see him move is during feeding or when he follows my tailspin blenny around the tank. Should I purchase him a coral or is he just being strange and refusing to rest on the rock?

I'm considering getting a skunk cleaner for my tank (15g) just wondering how they get along with peppermints in such a small tank.

My clown gobies always perched on the glass, thats just their thing. lol

Haha thanks, he's well fed and seems happy enough following the blenny so will stop worrying about him.

Anyone had any luck withstand cleaners and peps in a small tank?

Oh, I forgot to answer that part of your question. lol

I have kept both in a biocube with no problems. I also had a fire shrimp in there as well. The only shrimp I wouldnt recommend mixing is the coral banded. They can be quite aggressive

To answer your first question, my goby usually hangs out in a LR cave with his head slightly out lol. Overall he doesn't move too much, except when it's feeding time.

Btw, I had a peppermint and skunk cleaner in my pico for a little while, and they were perfectly fine with each other (they recently died when they molted, sad and apparently it was an iodine problem.)

Well now the goby has decided to shun my display tank by moving to the sump and perching himself on the pump :D. Netted him twice but he just swims back through their so I'll just leave him alone for a day.

I might get a skunk cleaner, only thing putting me off were some stories about them chasing and killing peps.

Thanks a lot for your help guys

I haven't had any luck with peppermints but I have had a skunk cleaner for two years. He is a pain in the butt, always attacking my coral to steal food. I am trying to catch him and fire him into the sump. Not really a big issue but so you are aware.

Got the shrimp, added him to my tank. Seems to be doing fine.

Currently crawling about the walls of the tank for some reason instead of on the rocks. Will have to keep an eye on him though he his a lot smaller than my pep.

Back
Top Bottom