Clown hosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShaunV

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I am placing my order for 2 black and white clowns tomorrow from ORA. I would like to get something that they would enjoy to hang out in and am looking for suggestions. I am thinking of purchasing something other than an anemone like a torch gold ultra. Would this be a good choice? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am going for only captive bred items instead of wild caught.

I would go with whatever looks good to you and in your tank. There is no guarentee that the clowns will host anything, so it is all about looks at this point.

Ok, thanks. I just heard on LFS tell me that I had to have an anemone. I will get a torch. Would it be ok to introduce them at the same time? Also, should I dip the torch in anything? Also, should I QT the clowns? I have the QT ready, but I don't have anything in the display tank yet except 2 hermits.

Thank you. I know that a torch is not a nem. As I stated, I was not going to get a nem I am getting a torch instead. Just wondering if the dips are safe.

Quite safe. Though some people have success with clowns being hosted by corals, keep in mind that the constant rubbing and such from the clowns can kill the coral.

Ok. I will keep that in mind. I am just worried about placing a nem in the tank for when I get more corals and other fish. I hear the nems can cause issues with other items in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom