Clown in 9 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys if I get a small clown fish say about and inch long maybe a bit bigger how long could I have it in my 9 gallon before it stunts its growth? I really want one to add a bit more colour to my tank

Hey guys if I get a small clown fish say about and inch long maybe a bit bigger how long could I have it in my 9 gallon before it stunts its growth? I really want one to add a bit more colour to my tank

for a while, alot of folks have been able to keep them in nanos for a while, as clowns don't usually swim around like say a tang does, but on the other hand they can also get to around 4 inches so a full sized clownfish may produce enough waste to start over coming the water volume which may end up damaging the ecosystem and the fishes resperatory system.

my buddy resently put two Black ocellaris clowns in his 12g nanocube, so it can be done and its all up to the hobbiest if they are willign to take the time to maintain a nano with clowns in it

Back
Top Bottom