clown loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

originalnut

Aquarium Advice Regular
got 3 clown loaches yesterday had to wait till the light came on today before i could take a picture

image-4073099397.jpg

You must have a HUGE tank! I've always loved these but can't have them as my largest tank is a 75.

Back up the bus!

I just read your other posts regarding your 60 litre tank. That's roughly 15 US gallons. These guys need a 125 gallon tank. Hopefully, you can still take them back. They are a tank buster for you, for sure. Sorry!

It's always in your best interest and also the best interest of your fish to do your species research PRIOR to making a purchase. It's always sad to return something because we fall in love with them so quickly. Did they ask at the store what size tank you had?

i have done my research dont worry i am getting a 4-5ft tank shortly and will be cycling it and as soon as that is done they will be moved i read they can get up to 40cm so i havnt jumped in clueless

i read up on everything before i even put water into my tank including size requirements, community fish and so on they are good in this tank for a month or two and should be good in a 4ft plus tank for a while untill i can aquite or build a tank for them so i know they will be fine

Sometimes, life gets in the way and those bigger and better tanks remain a dream. Best to not purchase a species that will not fit into your existing tank at its adult size.

Good luck!

ive got the new tank at my friends house now paid for it before i baught these im not silly see

You didn't indicate you already had the tank. You indicated you were getting one. We can only go by the information you provide us.

I hope you understand that I have your fish's best interest at heart. That's what all forum members do. It's my "job" here to give you the best advice I can. If I didn't say anything about clown loaches in a 15 gallon tank, I would be remiss in my obligations here.

no thats fair enough i know there are people and fish shops who dont care or dont know so thank you for the advise but im just one of those people who always likes to know more so i got as many books as i could and read up on a list of fish i wanted to see if they could go most of them i ruled out due to them being aggressive to neons and i like my neons lol but nice to see people like you on here that are ready to give people advise

I love clown loaches. I have mine in a 6' tank and while I may be over stocked in 10 years or so I'd say the likelihood of all 8 living that long isn't that great.

They really are the most amazing fish.

After reading this, and being a pet store employee myself... Thank you, thank you, thank you! for doing your own research and having the fish's best interest at heart. I'm so glad you already have plans for them.... I cant tell you how many people don't know and don't care that they are not caring for their fish properly!

That being said.... I love clown loaches. They have such interesting little personalities! If I had a larger tank, I'd get some too. I'm thinking I may have to get a group when I finally get a real monster tank...

well if i didnt read books and look up forums im pretty sure that my fish wouldve died not long after i got them but its suprising how many diferent and WRONG avise there is you have to compare a lot of information to make sure the advise given is correct as everone does it differently.

getting two new tanks today one 3 foot and one bigger dont kno the dimentions on the bigger one yet but that should keep my clowns happy for a little while going to keep my eyes peeled for a 5-6ft tank or look at making my own not quite sure yet

image-869027636.jpg

their second but not last home

Attachments

• image-2707527149.jpg
    image-2707527149.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 83
im getting a second filter on the 23 of this month and ahould be getting a cave for them even sooner pics will go up as i add more plus ive also got a spare tank coming which is a 4ft tank i just need to source a lid for it but i might sell that on to get a 5ft tank

Just on the clown loaches don't freak out if you see them lying on their side, they are a big fan of napping on their sides.

Freaked me right out when I kept seeing one of mine do this for a few days before I found this out :)

i read that up before i got the fish but still freaks me out when i see them do it i mean its not normal lol

Back
Top Bottom