Clown seizure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was watching my clown it was swimming normal like every day... Out of the corner of my eye isee this sand storm in my tank. I got up quick to see what was going on and it was my clown twitching and laying upside down and breathing really heavy. I thought for sure it was going to die. My cleaner shrimp was pickling at it. So I removed the clown by hand in my palm and put it in my fuge. minutes later it was swimming normal again.?? It is now back in my display tank like nothing happened. ?? Is this heard of?

I don't know if this is what happend but I heard that sometimes cleaner shrimp will clean your clowns.

I am no expert however I have read about "Twitching" in clowns when they are getting ready to mate.

This twitching is a sign of submission. Usually one clown will do it in front of the more dominate clown when they are figuring out male and female. I have not heard of one clown doing it in front of a cleaner shrimp though. Did you have another clown nearby?

That its the only clown in the tank. It did not look normal what so ever it looked as if the clown was going to die. My cleaner kept jumping on him after it was lying on its side and upside down kept picking at its gills and around the eye area. I really didn't expect hin to be swimming again like nothing happened

I dont think it did it in front of the cleaner I think the cleaner was just taking advantage of quick meal that the clown was practically dying.

Back
Top Bottom