clown won't eat anything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sw3ll3r3

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright I'm about to give my clowns back to the store. I have had one for a week and another for two days. The one I've had for a week had tried to eat three different food flakes, pellets, and mysin shrimp, no luck. He spits them all out. Any ideas, cause the aquarium store said they don't know

Brine shrimp soaked in garlic. Weird that they won't eat the mysis. Mine devour those. Good luck with the little guys. It would be a shame to return them. They are one of the coolest fish to watch.

Okay thanks for the reply. I'm scared to try brine because my girlfriend tried it and the package was infected with a a parasite and killed all 4 of her fish.

If the clowns are very small, mysis might be too big for them. If they're very small, need small food. Cyclopeeze, brine, flakes crushed up really tiny- any of these should work. Good luck!!

If the clowns are very small, mysis might be too big for them. If they're very small, need small food. Cyclopeeze, brine, flakes crushed up really tiny- any of these should work. Good luck!!

One is very small and the other is medium to large.

sw3ll3r3 said:
Okay thanks for the reply. I'm scared to try brine because my girlfriend tried it and the package was infected with a a parasite and killed all 4 of her fish.

You can buy frozen brine but you have to make sure that the package says its "parasite free". I got some at Petsmart. I've heard of people getting parasites like this as well!

Also, if pieces of food are too big, the clowns will spit it out. My black and white clowns will spit out food like that. It's annoying however if you have a decent CUC they will clean all that up. My true perc will eat anything and everything! She is a fat little clown and happy as can be! I wish my others would do that! (Yes, they are in separate tanks! LOL!)

Back
Top Bottom