clownfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so i wanted to start a clownfish tank in my 20 gallon after my shrimp are out of it. so what do i need all i got is the tank =.

If you don't plan on doing any corals or anemones then you can set it up just like a FW tank. The only difference really is you want to use live rock or lace rock for you BB to colonize (1-2 lbs per gallon is best) but you can even run one without that but most people won't. Parameters need to be kept lower with saltwater since they are more sensitive (and expensive lol)

Well ill eventually add anenone but i want to start with a clownfish then 2 then anenome. I also have a filter and heater i can use but all i think ill need now is the fish and stuff to check parameters and salt and thats all i can think of now. Correct me if im wrong and feel free to add on to the list.

Just make sure you cycle the tank before you add the fish. I used the raw shrimp method worked wonders for me. Live rock, live sand, a power head, test kit, and patience lots of patience.

Once you add the anemone you need to get good lighting. So you might as well get good lighting to start with. I regret doing this. Also trust me you will want to add more corals:)

ok so iv look up some good starter fish online and i am changing my plans. I want to get a firefish goby and a clown and maybe ill upgrade to a bigger tank and more fish, anemone, ect later and for the fish and the rest of the supplies ill need it is only 51 dollars so its not that bad. At least im not starting from scratch it could cost alot more!

Thartsockpg said:
Once you add the anemone you need to get good lighting. So you might as well get good lighting to start with. I regret doing this. Also trust me you will want to add more corals:)

I would get lighting first , I had a green tipped anemone. And I'm sure the new light stressed him so much he was one the move for like 3 days and Soon after that he was dead :-(

Back
Top Bottom