Clownfish won't eat, not moving much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trhea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I need some help! I recently bought two percula clownfish, and they seemed to be doing great until yesterday. Now the smaller one won't eat and is staying in the corner of the tank and is barely moving around. I tested the water, everything was fine except the ammonia was a little high, 0.25 so I did a water change, but it didn't help.

I have a 16 gallon tank, with about 18 lbs of live rock, 2 snails, and 2 blue leg hermits. I feed them about twice a day with marine pellets.

Any suggestions? I feel like he's slowly getting worse and I don't know how to help.

he wont get better untill you get that ammonia down, its normal for a fish to not eat a few days even a week into acclimating to its new home but with that ammonia that wont help the little guy along at all. if i was you i would continue to do partial water changes for the next three days untill you get the ammonia back to 0 and all levels back in check

Is there anything else I can do that will help get the ammonia down other than water changes that might speed up the process?

I've also heard to put "ammo lock", or "stress zyme" to help control the ammonia levels. Has anyone had any experience with either of those, or would my best bet to just keep doing water changes to get it back to normal limits?

IMO PWC`s will be best. Ammo lock does not remove the ammonia. It just binds it so it`s not as lethal. Best bet is to remove it.

you want to start getting into the practice of not relying on anything to doce to the tank its never a solution just a temporary fix the best thing for you is to maintain perfect water conditions get that ammonia down and that will give the clowns a fair chance to recover themselves they wont get any better with ammonia present in the water just worst

Yep.take the advice given,Keep doing pwc,pristine water conditions is the best way for any fish to recouperate

Back
Top Bottom