Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would any of these fish kill/attack an false percula clownfish?

Yellow tang
Coral beauty
Cinnamon clown
Yellow tail damsel

That cinnamon clown and damsel have a decent chance of going after the false perc. Pretty mean buggers.

Out of 4 different damsels that I previously had, yellow tail was the least problematic one. But was still problematic. I'd stay away from damsels. You may get lucky with a good one but odds are against you and if you have rocks in your tank good luck getting them out once you find out that he's problematic. Putting another clown in there may go either way as well. I guess It will most likely depend on the size of the new clown. You probably want to get one that's considerably smaller or bigger. Not the same size. I'm thinking the tang will be your best bet. However, If someone disagrees with me, I'd take their word over mine :) I'm only about 6 months into the hobby. My hippo and clowns get along pretty good though.

never mix a Cinnamon clown with a false percula
the Cinnamon would rip apart a percula (blood bath)
the cinnamon may also go after the tang and coral beauty as they are very territorial

So if I put him in another tank and got false percula pair they should be fine?

Back
Top Bottom