Clowns question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kyler123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do clowns need annmonie if so or even if not what is a good beginner annmonie

No, they can do just as fine without an anemone. Ive even seen them host other corals than the anemone in the tank, pretty crazy.

I knew I spelt it wrong lol. I'm on a iPhone so it corrects words that don't need to be

Clowns are fine without anenomes. Some wont even host in anenomes so its a luck of the draw sometimes. You would have more luck with wild caught clowns then captive born ones. They have been known to host corals like frogspawn, hammer corals, torch corals, bubble corals, etc as well.

But out of all corals that they are known to host what is the most beginner coral

Frogspawns, hammer corals, torch corals and bubble corals are beginner corals, but you want your tank to be done its full cycle first. That could take a few months but generally once your parameters are stable you can care for these corals easily. The only thing that you may see yourself doing is dosing Calcium, magnesium and other essential minerals. Other corals don't need those as much but do benefit to a degree.

Just like everyone else said, you do not *need an anemone. In fact I know some people who have had their clownfish for about a decade and they do not have anemones, but if you want an anemone I suggest frogspawn. And remember there is never a guarantee they will bond to it. Oh and make sure you buy CB/TR clownfish.

Back
Top Bottom