CO2/Plant Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samuel-Bennett

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm really sorry for posting this, probably been asked hundreds of times before, I just can't get a proper answer so I'm gonna ask again so I can reply if needed. I know it's annoying though so thanks in advance for any answers

I made a DIY C02 mix and it was bubbling like mad, still is, thing is though the plants are staying alive but they aren't really growing now, they were but stopped.

When I first put them in I read on here that it's a good idea to turn the air bubbles off, so I did that and they did grow, but the fish seemed to be gasping for air.

My question is, how long should I leave the bubbles off for? how long would the fish be alright for? I don't want to kill them but I might just be worrying over nothing. I know there is probably more oxygen than c02 going in the tank when the air bubbles are going which means the c02 would do no good, or I'd assume so anyway.

Hope you get what I mean lol

you need to give some specifics. tank size, how much light, are you dosing ferts and how much, ph and kh. how many diy bottles do you have on your tank?

Run your aerator at night, just get a simple hardware timer and that will do the trick. Also if you are having growth issues need more info... ^

Back
Top Bottom