CO2 setup questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfrye

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm thinking of setting up a CO2 system for my tank as I would like to move towards real plants and away from fake plants. My current setup is 90 gallon tank with 2 four foot 6500k fluorescent tubes. I add micro and macro plant food and co2 booster every morning and have my lights on a timer for 9 hours a day.

With the above info, do I need a co2 setup? Currently I just have a small amount of dwarf hair grass, but would like to get taller plants added in there.

I would like to makes this as low cost as possible and I'm not afraid of having to build something from scratch, I have used pressurized gas in the past.

My pressurized co2 setup didn't cost that much. The tank was around $20. The regulator is probably the most expensive but if you get one without a solenoid it should be cheaper. What plants are you planning to add? DH doesn't require co2 but spreads faster and grows better with it. How many watts are the lights? Could you post a pic of the tank?

The lights are 40 watt. I am still learning about live plants and I'm taking this slow. Figured it would be a good idea to have co2 in place before adding plants to the tank. Attached is a picture with lights on. The grass is in the middle, right of the DW. I am planning on putting more DW in the tank as well and like the look of the moss on the DW.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393984190.869678.jpg

Ok so the lights are too bad. It's around med light or low end high light. The dh should do ok. Are there any fish? Or any livestock?
So your gonna have moss and dh?

There are 6 neons, 6 leopard danios, 5 corys, 4 swordtails and 2 blue snails. For now the plan is just the DHG. I wanted to get more info before adding anymore plants. I don't want a cemetery.

Those lights I would say will keep you at low light. I wouldn't add pressurized co2 but maybe dose a liquid carbon instead unless you upgrade your light to a x4 bulb T5HO light fixture at least

Back
Top Bottom