co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, a CO2 tank on 1 end, and whatever diffusion method you plan to use on the other.

Here is how the flow of the co2 "looks"

CO2 Cylinder -> Regulator -> solenoid (which is hooked to your pH controller) -> needle valve -> bubble counter -> co2 tubing -> diffusion method -> your fish tank

would this one work?

$%28KGrHqEOKn%21E1H6w%28QmtBNW1UQl4Ng%7E%7E0_1.JPG
Please wait
Image not available

• Zoom
  • Enlarge

Mouse here to zoom in

Please wait
Image not available
$%28KGrHqEOKn%21E1H6w%28QmtBNW1UQl4Ng%7E%7E0_3.JPG

s.gif

CO2 Drop Checker for nano planted aquarium level test

Item condition:New

Quantity:
iconFormError_16x16.gif

More than 10 available

Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less
Please enter a quantity of 1Purchases are limited to $quantity$ per buyer
Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less
Please enter a lower number
Please enter quantity of 1 or more

Price:US $6.00Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

Add to Watch list
Start of panel
  • Add to Watch list
  • Add to Gift Ideas
  • Add to Research
  • Add to Wish List
Sign in for more lists
End of panel

Shipping:$5.00 Standard ShippingSee more services See shipping discounts | See all shipping details
Delivery:Estimated between May 04 - May 17
iconBubbleHelp.gif

Returns:

yes, that is good.

However... you need 4dKH standard solution too, or it won't read accurately.

You can make it (there is a sticky in the FW Planted tanks forum) or you can usually find it on ebay for about $5/bottle (which will last a year or really, a few years even).

yes... 4dKH solution and a few drops of bromothymol blue (pH indicating solution) which comes with the drop checker you linked.

how long is the solution accurate (how long can it go before it has to be replaced)? also if i buy the co2 kit then how long would a 5 pound canister last me? (about)

5lbs would last somewhere between 3-5 months depending on what diffusion method you are using

The drop checker solution, I change mine probably every 6-8 weeks.

this could get very pricey! would i be better off just treating with flourish excel?

Better off? No. Will it work, and would excel be better than nothing? Yes. But if you dose excel correctly, you will go through almost enough excel to pay for your co2 system in a couple years or less. That stuff isn't cheap, and it needs to be dosed multiple times a week to be effective.

i am going to wait to do co2. i dont have the money or the brain work to do it right now. :)
but now i know what to do in the future!
Thanks for all your help i really own you one!

The second one is just another DIY version... yeast and sugar.

The first one, I also would not recommend on a tank your size. Replacing those CO2 carts will add up quickly on a mid sized tank like you have. You would be much better off just buying a standard system that hooks into a 5lb or large CO2 tank.

I read a review on it that said at a rate of 1bps the cartage lasts over a month. How many bps would I need for my tank?

Back
Top Bottom