College Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
42-24 OSU wins.
Props to Braxton Miller, that spin move was beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

OSU was a bit rocky in the 2nd quarter, but overall, a very nice win. I'm much more satisfied than I was last year. Go Bucks!

UT vs Oklahoma and Oregon vs Michigan State will be fun games to watch this weekend.

Curious how the OSU/VT game would have went if their qb didn't get hurt. Sucks to lose such a clutch player.

Hopefully Tennessee's secondary gets their crap together this week with the coach's suspension being lifted. Maggit and Barnett didn't impress me last week as I expected. Losing AJ Johnson sucks. Getting Pig Howard back from his suspension as well to help in the long game too. We have 2, possibly 3 killer running backs but you can't depend on rushing yards to win a season lol. Ethan Wolfe looked good, hoping Preston Williams lives up to the hype as well.

Jesse

For those who say the SEC is falling off. A record 10 SEC teams ranked in the AP Top 25, including the entire SEC West. Look at my Vols btw, hopefully we can keep on climbing!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441806213.236382.jpg

Butch Jones just suspended Tennessee's best starting defensive tackle for violation of team rules. Hoping these two true freshmen 5 and 4 star recruits live up to their hype. Kahlil Mackenzie and Shy Tuttle. Both dudes are monsters. Here's a post of them from last month

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/08/06/video-kahlil-mckenzie-shy-tuttle-dominate-drill/

Jesse

I think the secondary is going to be the bigger issue, struggled at times vs bowling green

For those who say the SEC is falling off. A record 10 SEC teams ranked in the AP Top 25, including the entire SEC West. Look at my Vols btw, hopefully we can keep on climbing!

View attachment 277830

I think that's ridiculous, but that's just my opinion. I don't think all of those teams will be top 25 worthy in a couple weeks.

Anyway, does anyone miss Lou Holtz being on ESPN? The new college football final guys aren't as entertaining to me. I miss Mark May and Lou battling it out--especially when it came to Ohio State (Lou would always be on the side of OSU; Mark never was--ever).

I think that's ridiculous, but that's just my opinion. I don't think all of those teams will be top 25 worthy in a couple weeks.

Anyway, does anyone miss Lou Holtz being on ESPN? The new college football final guys aren't as entertaining to me. I miss Mark May and Lou battling it out--especially when it came to Ohio State (Lou would always be on the side of OSU; Mark never was--ever).

I was never a fan of Lou holtz, I think it just stems from my bias against Norte dame but I can't stand listening to most of the people on ESPN anymore

The missus commented last night when I was watching the U.S. Men's national team get destroyed by Brazil that it was the first time I wasn't complaining about the people on ESPN in months

I think the secondary is going to be the bigger issue, struggled at times vs bowling green

This is true. Our defensive back coach, Willie Martinez, was suspended last week for the BGSU game. If we have any luck, he can light a fire under their butts. Curt Maggitt and Derek Barnett got to step up this week. They seem a little lost without AJ Johnson lol

Jesse

Truthfully, I think the game against Oklahoma this week will be make or break for the season.

Jesse

Not as important as usc and Georgia, but it would be a good win, beat Georgia and usc this year and yall are probably sec east winners

I was never a fan of Lou holtz, I think it just stems from my bias against Norte dame but I can't stand listening to most of the people on ESPN anymore

The missus commented last night when I was watching the U.S. Men's national team get destroyed by Brazil that it was the first time I wasn't complaining about the people on ESPN in months

I always turn off the commentators during OSU games and listen to the voice of the Buckeyes on the radio instead. Call me old fashioned, but I can't stand the talking heads at times! Plus, I know what's going to happen a couple seconds before it occurs on television.

About the Tennessee, OU game, I'll be interested to see how good Tennessee is--if they are "back"

Not as important as usc and Georgia, but it would be a good win, beat Georgia and usc this year and yall are probably sec east winners

I think we will lose to both if we lose to Oklahoma. They played the deep ball great last week and that was our weak spot.

About the Tennessee, OU game, I'll be interested to see how good Tennessee is--if they are "back"

This game has me shook to say the least haha

Jesse

No, they won't all be top 25 in a few weeks, that's the way conferences work. Playing each other its guaranteed that of each 7 ranked sec west teams several of them will take losses. Still doesn't mean they arent better than much of the rest of the country. I'll take a 10-2 sec team over an 12-0 or 11-1 acc team most any day.

Auburn is losing to Jacksonville State right now, 10-6. USF and FSU are tied at 7 at the start of the 3rd quarter.

Auburn is losing to Jacksonville State right now, 10-6. USF and FSU are tied at 7 at the start of the 3rd quarter.

It was a rough game for us auburn fans, we seem to let a team get way to close that shouldn't every year

Barber#25 the running back, Adams the defensive tackle#1, mackenzie the linebacker #8, and ford the safety #23 were the only ones out there that looked like they wanted to win

Probably going to be a rough weekend next week at LSU

Back
Top Bottom